Saturday, February 06, 2010

First Cooking in Our New Hse

This year Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year coincide on February 14, I have been thinking how we shall celebrate our advance V.Day. Considering a budget year for me & lao ye, I suggested to him preparing our own meal in our new house instead of going to expensive restaurants like the past few years.

Due to limited cooking utensils (our renovation was only completed last month) & skills, we can only cook some simple dishes.

After lunch, we quickly headed to Giant supermarket to buy two pieces of salmon, some seasoning sauce, one box of samosas & a few household items. We rushed home to put the items as XY is coming to fetch us to Wendy's dad store to purchase some CNY stuffs.

Thereafter, we headed to Daiso to get more household items. It was around 7pm when we reached our house.

The two inexperienced 'chefs' had a busy time in the kitchen. Lao ye cooked the clam chowder soup while I fried the samosa & the marinated salmon in teriyaki sauce. The cooking process was fun, but I have to admit I hate washing those utensils & the cleaning up after the cooking session.

Now that we had a first start doing cooking in our new house, lao ye & I decided to try other dishes like chicken chop in future. WXY, you wanna come and join me & lao ye in preparing dinner for the 4 of us?



1 comment:

oinkoink22 said...

wow.. juz read ur blog. yummy yummy... a meal made of love tastes delicious than anything else. we shd cook more often at ur hse. then can save alot of $$ from eating outside :P